background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

THIN

Where are you
While my life changes?
Teetering from the living and dead
Walking the brink of unknown
Where are you in this darkness
my home.

I cannot see you
nor can I hear
In this dismal expanse of disappear.
I remember though, your taste
your smell.
This is all I have, here in
My hell.

I hold your lightest touch
In my vaulted mind
I hope it is safe there
and doesn't fade
Like the rest of my life.

Parchment thin my skin becomes
Fragile from lack of a touch
As if time peels back layers
Leaving more exposed
My tender nerves
My vacant soul.

Days reap me and leave me raw
Caresses only felt in my illusionistic mind.
If real, would salt my freshest wounds
Poured lemon and crushed rind.

Reverted back to virginal
My thin ivory skin
is becoming transparent after all
Waiting to be broken.

No comments: