background

Sunday, February 21, 2010

PEACEFUL DAUGHTERS

We've all asked our mothers
From where does the sadness come?
Regardless of her answers
We hesitently march on.

Our mothers cannot answer
Why there's broken hearts and hands
We have no fear in asking
Still we are blind to understand.

It seems we're constantly searching
For the inhale to sync our ex
We dream and believe in the existence
That our lashes close to view what's next.

Such hope is choking us daughters.
Far fetched dreams tangle in our minds.
We lose our focus and independence
Our souls fill with sick and crime.

Mere peace the world has begged for
I ask we start with one.
To have a moments silence
In my head....I will have won.

I will send my weapons forward
with my daughter, but no key.
And even if I offer or she asks
I cannot bring even her some peace.

--Diva

No comments: