background

Monday, August 17, 2009

SUGAR SUGAR

Put me on your tongue darling
Crystal and so sweet
I'll follow you around the world
in the Sahara among palm trees
Your cool beverage, I'll complete.

Refine me, warm, sun up, sun down.
My red tomatoe pie.
Pack me into your silly spaces
I'll be your snap pea and harvest corn
I'll be your holiday so adorned.
Hot baby, I'll make you sigh.

I've met your diverse clan of friends.
Made love to your shy vanilla bean.
And sinful are my interludes with cocoa
your old obscene.

Please, honey, don't shut me out.
Don't substitute my worth.
I come from overseas to you.
From homes of mighty girth.

You know you want my soda pop.
You know you love my tea.
It just would never be right
Without you sweetheart.....you need me.

I'll powder you and dust your dreams.
Your secret's safe, cubed and raw with me.
Just promise you'll find a place
in that diet,
your sugar loves thee.

--Diva


No comments: