background

Thursday, September 10, 2009

SPIDERS

Silvery strands by moonlight
An art piece, simple, wild and true
His home no illusion or threatened
by my existence nor by you.
He chose my home to share
an honor I bear so I'll let him rest
mend his work and feed
as we all do.

He is hidden this chill morning.
For the daylight hours, he packed away.
To replace him the prey and singers fly
Stopping by their nests along the way.
I offer my trees. my porch, and stones
Again honored they chose this for home.
For their children to birth, to hatch
At seasons will
Such beauty, simple intracacies of life
God amazes me still.

The pines lay out before me
My pup and child in hand
No place to be, only to see
and hear whispers of earths land
Quakies speak, speak to me in the breeze
I will listen to your dance in
graceful ease.
And watch the clouds gather
like shoring sand.

Life shimmers on wing and leaf and rock
Initial sparkles of this earthly lot.
Every color of the rainbow shows
in autumn, spring, summer,and in winters snow.
How amazed and grateful I am to see
All that God has given me.

--Diva

No comments: