background

Monday, September 21, 2009

Unfinished

I have such clarity
God continues to harp the same tune to my ears,
Upon my soul, against my head.
Amy...he sings, why won't you hear?
Amy...he speaks, why aren't you there?
Amy...he screams I no longer can help.
Amy...he whispers you're all but dead.

But Lord you must know I could not see
My Lord, nothing was clear
I searched and I reached, out
to nothingness
black with shades of gray.
I grasped and clawed so familiar to me
No forgiveness was found
No love to be.

The father shows me, it's clear where I stand
How I weigh
It's daily, unmistaken pain I bear
It is not a wish, a request I make
It seeps into my cells, chokes my soul uninvited
It makes home, a bed to lay.

Then the universe speaks, it booms
Echoes loud and clear
God gathers his strength, his passion and spear
Why my child do you not understand?
You were given no tools, no hope
nor born with peace.
You're not given the answers to this riddle of life
can't you learn
simple paradoxes, man.

I see my peers, the fellow mankind.
Some lost forever.  Changed.
Some peaced and those pained.
Reveled in light and moments
How is their destiny different from mine?
We feel the same flames
hear the same dogs
and now I am sure I hear voices they don't.

--Diva

No comments: