background

Friday, July 31, 2009

AN ANGELS HEART

I find it hard to trust you.
I find it hard to see your heart.
And every day that passes.
Your kisses rip me apart.
I sink into your eyes. I shiver at your voice.
Don’t you know my heart of stone, needs to have a choice.

So broken down and beaten. An angel’s heart may lay.
I die another morning as the world bleeds another day.

I’m sure my life is written
in a script of tears.
Before I ever got here,
before I lived my years.
So scared that I am to love.
I’ve easily locked away
the chance to feel. It’s no longer real.
I only take what I can take.
So your eyes may take me in.
Your voice wraps around my mind.
As I say I love you dear, the loneliness is mine.

So broken down and beaten. An angel’s heart may lay.
I die another morning as the world bleeds another day.

--Diva
as published in "A Diva's Forte" (Lulu Publishing)

No comments: