background

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I FORGOT

I forgot who I am
I don’t know for how long.
But I remember now.
I cannot bury my strength
My poverty, or my pride.
Although I tend to keep
My shame and regrets inside.
I shaln’t deny I’m beautiful
But my intolerance may outweigh,
The gifts that God has given
Me along the way.
I believe as people
Our greatest gifts we possess
Are forgiveness and honesty.
I hadn’t forgotten this.
The eyes they hold the soul.
At times, mine speaks to me.
But listen closely
for your voice cannot speak
The silence in your dreams.

I hadn’t forgot to dream
Although they were dismissed.
And in remembering how to laugh,
The pain it wasn’t missed.
I forgot myself. My suspicions,
I let them slide. They went with my
Coldness and walls behind which I’d hide.
In forgetting who I am
I sure found many things.
I found that I can care
And even with my iron heart
I was given wings.

Being a mother never left me
And what did I think of
All those nights?
When I no longer had the lust for life
Nor did I want to die.
But now that I remember,
Precisely who I am.
I wish to also not forget,
Precisely who I found.

-Diva
as published in "A Diva's Forte" (Lulu Publishing)

No comments: