background

Saturday, July 25, 2009

A CHILD

As a child
I lay upon the earth
With my eyes stretched to the sky.
With child filled tendencies
Such forms are possessed
Become mine
And my dreams
They are constructed in that sky.

Being a child
I sprawled out in the grass.
Squinting upon a tiny town.
I scrutinized the more of the world
The dew on plants
And soil within life.
Little miracles.
Out of reach from me then
But not from the world to harm.

I was a child
Which child should not be
Protected?
The beauty around
Was all I should see?
And the sky with the clouds and
Grass with the dew
And plant and miracles was what
I should see.

A woman I am
Now I look to the sky
I also see depth to the moon.
I dream into futures and worlds far away
As a woman,
I see green, I feel cold mist of morn.
I touch creatures and make miracles of life.
But now as a woman I can also see
Unprotected actions, fear…
More.
And the world is torn.

--Diva
as published in "A Divas Child" (Lulu Publishing)

No comments: