background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

EXHAUSTED

My podiatrist would chastise me
If I had one to love my feet.
The chiropractor would scorn my acts
After he adjusted my aching back.
My sweet dermatologist would dismay
at the wrinkles created on my face.
The optrician nodded his head in shame
telling me to pick out my new frames.
My trusted beautician shook her head in disgust
at my roots and my gray that grows out each month.
I cannot even repeat what the gynocologist said
While I lay in his stirrups, his makeshift bed.
So I may need to consult a plastic surgeon soon.
To creat the new me worthy to swoon.
I'm sagging and drooping from north to south
There's cussing and cursing loud from my mouth.
Aging comes graceful...yah graceful my ass
Speaking of which I wince when I look back.
It's not for sissies, this act of ancient.
Indeed my body is very well spent.

-Diva

1 comment:

Michele said...

I have to leave an actual comment. I love this little entry poem. I've read it several times and it makes me smile every time.