background

Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE OPEN ROOM

I create my solace room


Unbeknownst to me

Seal myself in a lonely tomb

With walls as high as I can see

I feel myself enclosed and small

Although I want to desperately be free

I don’t know how to step out the door

Or walk away from this prison

That protects me.

I’m frightened and I’m lost

I have no reason in this day

It is all I have been taught

So far fear’s been my only way

I see outside my walls

Is beauty beyond my words?

It seems so far from my reach

It seems a different world

The beauty encompasses joy

And peace then love I feel.

I watched it for the longest time

From my walls

Not believing it was real.

Then without my knowledge

It crept into my room

The bliss I admired from afar

Decorated the walls of my tomb


I never gave permission

I didn’t know it was even there

Until I had the roof blown off

And sat with awe in my stare

The light brought into my life

I had only admired, never taste

But God I wish I could fill my desire

And savor every day

--Diva

No comments: