background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

YOU ASKED

It's more than all the time we've lost
those years we parted ways.
It's how deep the heart and holes got
Every separated day.

That I missed the sighs you breathed
for the Gods and skies relief.
And was not there to hear the
echoed tears in the rains release?

Much  more than yearning passion
Never there to fill the void.
As parched I roamed the lands
Without your liquid voice.

It's moments not recoverable for both
our hearts.... they are gone.
Those years of life we lived apart
choices of love, right or wrong.

Those became our realities
Still empty pieces remain.
Once filled by our delicacies
Now hinder many pains.

Not all is lost, thrown to the wind.
Your written word, I heard.
My small moments held to my heart
I dare not ask for more.

--Diva

3 comments:

Mainely Butch said...

Life isn't getting any longer, or better, why waste more time acting and being miserable? Perhaps it is bold as hell of me, but I believe you're worth it; worth any embarrassment or punishment I have to take...sometimes we make huge mistakes and we have to swallow our pride and admit it and try to correct it...so I DO dare ask for more. I know it may seem alot, but I can't die yet, and I'm barely hangin on...there is one being in this world that completes me, and I need her more than ever now...

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Thank-you for this, it is so beautiful and I am honored as i KNOW it is written for me, becasue "I Asked". You really are special and I thank you for being in my life again and for staying with me through all of the transitions. Talented, beautiful poet and author, you have blessed me.

Another Diva Day said...

Yes you did ask. I'm pleased that you like it.

Amy