background

Thursday, January 28, 2010

POISON

She said, "I've come from afar to love you"

Our lies that were told saved none from truth

But the damage is done and now here we are

yes the damage is done and the damage is ours.



In time you will see I'll be yours, you'll be mine.

We'll be family, strong and dedicated we'll shine

and I followed as I do, so often I'm lost

whether lead or follow, so high is my cost.



She said, "we'll make a life, here or there"

We continued to travel the maps while we share.

I'll back you up to extreme; in fact I'll own you

I'm sure that's what she means.



I invited her in, the poison and all.

The excitement, the lure, such a sultry call.

I ignored my real life, lost my real wife

sold my soul for a ticket destined to hell.



She asked, "will you go back, would she even want you"?

A sigh of relief and set...determined when I said, quietly, no.

Weak and reliant a vulnerable spirit

In darkness I stewed. Alone, still, and used.



The new and hopeful promises faded away

But I clung to the hope of will you marry me.

What would I say, in this bed that I made?

My future based on such a mistake.



With that she went home, miles and miles away.

Where her life and her new girl await.

I still had the plan fresh on my tongue.

Unbeknownst to me, I thought I was the one.



Wreckers never stay; it's the nature of the beast.

Poison leaves its mark, through each ring of the tree.

My life unraveled in an instant before my eyes

A vault was opened, the damn broke,

light came to every fucking lie.



The secrets I kept the patterns that bled.

Darkness was obscenely filling my head.

So stupid and blindly I followed this spawn

Ignorant, hurt, a fool when she had gone.



I grappled for a footing, grasping at straws

Can I learn from what I lived, what I saw?

Dismiss her last words, blatantly real

"People fall out of love every day, no big deal"



I mean so little, I stand for nothing.

The universe is now empty - all from a fling.

In this mess I cannot salvage or find

Something to hold onto, not one thing.



Once again, I sit rocking, sobbing on the floor.

Bleeding from the sharp edges of a piece of my heart.

God does not make a glue for this heart.

Mine which imploded in despair.

High velocity torched it black, sharp and bare.



It would not be fair to reach out again

not to inflict this (me), to another one

Damaged and empty I've nothing to sell

I couldn't bear to inflict this upon another soul



What is to become of me on my cross?

Ridiculed and naked, spiritually lost?

I will not find myself in another’s eyes.

I may never find myself, I may never try.



--Diva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, a truly brave piece of work. Incredibly well written,honest, universal in the pain and hurt every word expresses. There are some lines in this piece that rival works by the most recognized names. Thank-you.

Mainely Butch said...

Burn.Felt it deep. I don't blame you...but I hate to know you think some of these things you write about yourself. You are worth everything, and you always were to me. For hells sake, I made a big mistake, and I hurt you, but please know that I hurt myself too. Let me back in and find out...you have to try...